Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Roskilde, Vikingeskibsmuseet

Luckily Abel din't put too many pics on his blog.... otherwise that would leave my blog largely "picture-less". Courtesy of our cap'able, admir'able, and honor'able Abel, we were able to take many pics during our sat trip down to Roskilde... a town quite far from lyngby actually, took us 7 zones to reach there...

I was expecting to see some viking ships soon after we step out of the train station... somehow i'm hoping for a relaxing, no frills weekend trip down to some pretty and perhaps famous attraction in Denmark.. so ya... i din't expect to walk much. But hell, the plan was to make use of the 2 hrs leeway with our 7 zones tics to walk around copenhagen first, before heading down to Roskilde. So we did, and came across some really cheap shops... wow "cheap" is a rare term used in Denmark.... but i guess the "Tiger" shop is truly one shop that we can finally find affordable items.. its their version of Singapore's "ValueOne" shop. Imagine 10 krones for 8 lighters!! now that's what i call a good buy..

Anyway, this is the first time that I walk Copenhagen Central in the morning... the weather was fantastic... cooling, strong sun, good crowd.... simply wonderful.... I think this would be the prelude to the elegant European city during Spring-time.... Oh I can still imagine myself walking in the sunlit streets... listening to the street tunes whistling in the winds... best..




Ok, anyway by the time we reached Roskilde... All of our stomachs were grumbling, and food was definitely my no.1 concern... of cos it happened tat i was the most severly handicapped as I had to wake up to find 3 pple standing outside my door (living up to my danish RDS reputation), forcing me to change asap without eating my breakfast, hence not having any food for at least 3 hrs outside in the cold winter conditions... brhhhh... haha...

Trust me... although the sun was strong... the cold weather and winds still played their part in making me shiver in hunger as we searched for the "legendary" Viking museum. After what felt like hours of walking (30 mins in reality), we finally decided to settle our breakfast cum lunch at a small restaurant, after looking at the 55 krones grilled chicken set meal advertisement.

It must be the most heavenly food I've had in weeks.... aha...




After the fulfilling set meal, it was already half past 3 and we immed hurried towards the viking museum after consulting the city map.



Apparently, since the sea was frozen, there weren't gonna be any boat rides.... but we din't expect the museum to be so small.... just a single storey of exhibits for 45 DKK... obviously we're not gonna pay for tt!! haha... guess we had a better time taking pics outside...





There was this church which looks kinda grand since it was standing in the middle of low-rise housings... Think its called Roskilde Domkirke according to the brochures....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home