Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Estonia:: Intimidating.... Finland:: hospitable... Denmark:: Simply Delightful

Hmm.... firstly, I've got a damn bad news to announce to all..... I've just lost a good friend, a damn good friend... my panasonic FX8. Yes, I'm sad to say that from this point onwards, I will not be able to post as many pics on my blog anymore. I will probably gotta leech on others for fotos.... how sad... =(

The Story goes:
We were at the "Palace" Area (note that I have very little confidence in the name of the buildings I'm seeing, cos the Lian Bro.s like to keep their customers in suspense but not telling them the next destination... =p).... and saw a rather huge structure at the end of a long stretch of snow-layed road lined with trees. We immediately gathered our forces and headed there....

It seemed that the structure was positioned by the sea..... oooooo.... how cool right.... i'm so close to the sea and part of it is frozen!! Din't really know where the exact boundary of the land and sea was, but we were all kinda fascinated by the icey surface beneath our feet. As we walked further, we saw some swans/ducks (whateva it is) by the edge of the ice..... They sure looked like good materials for pics.... A few of our people were there (Sabri, Soon, Eliz, Jane) and as i approached them, the ducks started to swim close to the shore and in the spur of the moment, with my camera in hand, I ran towards the shore hoping to capture the moment of "ducks in action"....... To my horror, I slipped and fell on my right arm which was holding the camera, smashing the camera against the ice-hard surface of the ground. My LCD screen flew out a few metres in front of me as I stared blankly at the concerned faces that were now all focussed on me. I was..... for a moment... speechless.....

As I got onto my feet and begin to analyze my lost..... It seemed to me that my 2 month companion had really pass away.... The LCD screen is detached, the lens is stuck in open position and gives out a cracking sound whenever i attempt to switch off..... and the side metal holder was out of position as well..... I don't think that I have a good chance of getting the guarantee, it struck upon me that guarantees usually do not cover negligence on the part of the customers.... moreover i just remembered that I need a purchase receipt in order to make a valid claim... which I left at home. All is bleak..... no more pics.... sob sob sob...... and its such a good cam...... sob sob sob......

SY, WW, YH :: "Tears"............... RIP Dear FX8......

Anyway, trip to estonia was...... kinda a different experience..... think xz and merv did a good job blogging about it.... so i shall not repeat the story lar...... haha..... but..... the main lesson learnt from the trip is that:: "We sure know how it feels to be discriminated"........ Stoopid bengs and lians keep staring at us.... WTF!! KNNBCCB!! Never see asians before???? I make sure I don't see any estonxxxs hanging around in spore man..... I'll make sure he/she get it from me.... thinking of the night experiences really make my blood boil...... brrrhhhhhhhh......

Anyway, made some new frens over there..... 12 of us, some sporeans, some malaysians, and one from HK. All very easy-going people, but seriously organising trips for so many people is really taxing, esp when all of us stay in one apartment which only has one key..... kaoz.... do everything also must do together.... damn siong man.... (Thanks SN for planning for us all the time.... hehe.... and i understand y pple like to keep trips to a small grp.... its really easier la..)

kk here's some pics..... taken from my cam(before the accident), merv, and xz cam...
















merv in action... gal wif cute doggies
















pics on the "Vikingline" ferry
















Pics at the "Palace"














































Our room in Baltic Apartments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home