Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Old Trafford (de Tour)

Manchester United
Arguably the most popular football club in the world.



Before I start, I must make this clear.... I am still an ardent Liverpool supporter despite the fact that I spend so much time at Old Trafford. I'm a true blue Reds... hmm... sounds wierd... but I just wana make my stand clear.... Just in case pple start throwing abuses at me.... esp Yoggi.... haha.... and to all my dear friends out there who are Man Utd fans... gd for you cos I've got lots to share.... mingjie, nic, xingyou, shilong, xz.... all man utd crazy ones, I'm sure this would appeal to you.... heh


Old Trafford Tour

Managed to book a tour at old trafford 2 wks before.... LC and me tried booking the anfield tour then but it was already full, so we had decided to book the old trafford one since we'll be in Manchester and Chris was a Man Utd fan. We even tried to get the Liverpool vs Bolton match but it was sold out in like 4 hrs after the sales time? Scary.... we were calling non-stop since the opening timing and by the time we got through... it was already sold out!! grhhhh.......

The ticketing booth.... luckily we booked in advanced, so no need to wait for the long queue... haha... went straight up to the man utd museum!!

First time I've ever stepped foot in a soccer club museum.... everything felt so familiar, there was a room specially for the club captain, who is now Gary Neville after Keane recently left the club. I guess this is much better than visiting the brewery museums where I'm only interested in getting to the bar at the end of the walk.... C'mon it's soccer!! It doesn't matter that it's Manchester Utd, cos I'm all too familiar with English Football having grown up watching it on TV... =)


The cabinets of trophies won by Manchester United Football Club




Then, there were the galleries of Man Utd legends.... players like Cantona, George Best, and even Mark Hughes!! Haha.. he's one of my fav Man Utd players (c'mon I don hate Man Utd that much.... esp when I always watch their matches on tv cos there are so many man utd fans amongst my buddies... so i gotta learn to like some of their players ya?)




Had abt 45 mins to walk ard the museum without getting bored.... oops except maybe for one person?? haha... then it was time for the guided tour ard the stadium....



Old Trafford Stadium

Cool isn't it?? First look at the pitch I was like.... woooowww..... this.... is Old Trafford. I mean, c'mon u don't really have to be a Man Utd fan to be in awe of the stadium.... any football fan knows how much it means to step foot into the stadium of such a famous football club rite?? Amazing.... esp when the sun shines onto the pitch.... pretty......





The guide was esp nice... and was quite suprised to hear that we are from spore... haha he thought we kee siao fly all the way here to visit Old Trafford..... c'mon... gimmi a break.... lol




LC giving me some tips on the team bench(away team)


Home team bench... one of us is definitely sitting on Alex Ferguson's seat... can u spot which one?? heh....






The Man Utd Press Conference Rm.... commonly used to introduce new signings, but since arrival of Ruud, they have moved the interviews to the dining hall beside cos it houses more pple...




The Man Utd Changing Room


KSY giving pre-match briefings and post match reviews... check out the Premier league background that you always see on premiership highlights!!

The tunnel.... isn't this familiar?

Next up:: Man Utd vs Arsenal Live in Old Trafford!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home